This post is a borrowed, guest post if you will from Mr. Thomas Plummer, a gentleman I respect greatly. Mr. Plummer has been in the fitness industry for over thirty years as a business coach/adviser to those of us in the fitness industry. I had saved this post last year but I wanted to share with you now and hope you find the inspiration from it as well.
My Thanksgiving prayer for you.
- Change the world around you by the strength of your caring.
- Forgive everyone and learn that nothing in life is worth carrying anger for even five minutes. Stupidity is their problem. Carrying anger toward stupid people is your issue. Just refuse to play.
- Become the old crusty, crazy person in the gym who just laughs, smiles and keeps on keeping on year after year savoring every workout and living for just one more day at the gym.
- Learn that wasting your talent might be the biggest sin there ever was. You aren’t judged by what you did, but by what you should have been.
- Remember that your past has no hold on you and your future is yet to come, but today is everything in life and all that matters. Miserable people live in the past. Dreamers live in the future. The world is changed today.
- Understand that if you get it right as a coach everyday, other people reach goals they never knew existed. There is no bad day as a coach, just another day carrying the world and that is a good thing.
- Learn that you can’t carry the world until you can carry yourself. You will never be you living in someone else’s shadow.
- Know that no one, including you, ever got to be you on his own. Remember where you came from and say thank you often.
- Learn that cheap people suck the life out of the universe. If you want, then give. If you need help, then help others. If you have been helped, then pay it back. And buy a round now and then just to set the world on fire.
- Remember that family is everything now and there is no one on the other end of that phone that is ever more important than 30 minutes with your family and friends. Put the phone away and live today.
- Finally learn that money isn’t bad. Money exists for the sole purpose of giving you the freedom to live life on your own terms. There is no other reason for money.
- Thanksgiving is a day to be gracious, thankful and humble. You have so much and others have so little. We all have problems, but ours always seem so light to carry when compared to those who have lost so much.
- Happy Thanksgiving. I thank you all for the support and friendship for so many years. You have all allowed me to live a life beyond my imagination when I was young. I appreciate you all and wish you all a perfect Thanksgiving Day.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!
Til next time, train smart, eat well, and be better.