Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training for Adolescent Boys and Girls
“Great players come from – great athletes!”
Today’s competitive nature of sports dictates that you develop and coach great players by developing their specific sport skills but at the expense of their athletic development. More specifically, trying to create great players without first creating great athletes. Game speed, agility, quickness, conditioning, and nutrition are assumed to be gained as the result of practice or left to the thought of you either have it or you don’t. Athleticism can be taught and when combined with the specific skills of a sport, you have yourself an athlete.
I do not coach a specific sport or a specific sport skill. I leave that to their sport coach. What I do however is I coach the basics of biomotor skills that will help the athlete perform at their best for their chosen sport. I assume nothing and work each athlete as a body that needs and can perform better. I cover all of these basic skills as inclusive of my coaching and customize based on a needs analysis of the coach, parents, and/or athlete:
- SPEED – Acceleration, Deceleration, Linear and Lateral Movement Techniques, Running Mechanics, Footwork
- EXPLOSIVE POWER – Olympic Lift Techniques, Plyometrics, Medicine Ball, Jumping & Landing Techniques
- STRENGTH – Functional Approach, Thorough Instruction, Focus on Upper Body, Lower Body & Core
- CONDITIONING – Prepares Athletes to be Game Ready.
- FLEXIBILITY – Various Forms of Stretching, Muscle Activation
- INJURY REDUCTION – Identify & Correct Muscular Imbalances, Balance & Stabilization
- NUTRITION EDUCATION – Lessons, Tips and Advice
What, Where, When, and How
I can work with athletes as individuals, pairs, small groups, and even teams. Pricing is available upon request. We can arrange to set up at your home or school location if permissible.